Follow these comprehensive steps to apply for a home through the Decatur Land Trust.
Want updates about information sessions and the application process? Sign up for our email list.
1. Determine if you quality for a home through the DLT
The DLT is currently taking applications for three condominiums at Park 108 in Decatur. In order to submit an application, you must meet these requirements*:
Income should be as follows and based on the size of your household (See here for information on how to determine your household size.)
To qualify for a Park 108 condo, your income should not exceed:
1-person household: $60,400
2-person household: $69,000
3-person household: $77,600
4-person household: $86,200
* Note: Income qualification will vary depending on the properties available, and the incomes listed are specific to the Park 108 condos for sale.
2. Attend a DLT Information Session to learn more about home buying options and determine if home ownership through the Decatur Land Trust is right for you.
Next sessions: To be announced. Sign up to be notified by email.
View the presentation from the April 2022 session here.
4. Obtain a pre-approval letter from the lender of your choice.
• WeDeKalb recommended lender list
• Brandi Mosses | Renasant Bank
• Martin Rucker | CDC Federal Credit Union, Residential Mortgage Sales Director, NMLS #499203, 678-553-5310, Fax: 678-553.5383
2301 Parklake Dr. NE Atlanta, GA 30345
Typically offered through lender, or through:
• Georgia Dream (GA Dept. of Community Affairs)
5. Fill out an application
Click the button for the online application form if you can answer these four questions:
- Is your household income at or below the levels indicated in #1?
- Have you attended a DLT Information Session?
- Have you completed a Homebuyer Education course (certificate of completion will be required)
- Have you obtained a pre-approval letter from your lender?
6. DLT lottery process.
Applications will be numbered as they are submitted, and up to 10 numbers will be chosen at the lottery. The first number chosen makes the first selection, the second number chosen picks from the remaining homes, and so forth. Date of lottery to be determined, most likely in July or August of 2022.