Follow these comprehensive steps to apply for a home through the Decatur Land Trust.
Want updates about information sessions and the application process? Sign up for our email list.
1. Determine if you quality for a home through the DLT
The DLT will host a community information session and will take applications for the properties at Park 108 and the Oak Cottage Courts in 2023. Details and requirements will be discussed during the information sessions.
Income restrictions will apply based on the size of your household (See here for information on how to determine your household size.)
* Note: Income qualification will vary depending on the properties available.
2. Attend a DLT Information Session to learn more about home-buying options and determine if homeownership through the Decatur Land Trust is right for you.
Register to attend our next DLT Homebuyer Education Outreach Session:
DLT Sessions are held both in-person and virtually throughout the year. Sessions are held on the 2nd Saturday of the month.
Session 1-11:00 am-12:30 pm
4. Obtain a pre-approval letter from the lender of your choice.
• WeDeKalb recommended lender list
• Brandi Mosses | Renasant Bank
• Martin Rucker | CDC Federal Credit Union, Residential Mortgage Sales Director, NMLS #499203, 678-553-5310, Fax: 678-553.5383
2301 Parklake Dr. NE Atlanta, GA 30345
Typically offered through lender, or through:
• Georgia Dream (GA Dept. of Community Affairs)
5. Fill out an application
Click the button for the online application form if you can answer these four questions:
- Is your household income at or below the levels indicated in #1?
- Have you attended a DLT Information Session?
- Have you completed a Homebuyer Education course (certificate of completion will be required)
- Have you obtained a pre-approval letter from your lender?
6. DLT lottery process.
If more qualified applications are received than homes available, a blind lottery will be held for each home. Applications will be numbered as they are submitted, and then entered into a blind lottery for each qualifying home subject to family size and bedroom occupancy. Applicants will be notified of the date of lottery and outcome.